Skip to main content

TRYING TO BE SOMEONE'S FAVOURITE, HANH?? || PIHUKUHU PITARA

So, have you experienced it yet? If yes, you may know all that I am going to tell further! ‘cause I did experience this once, which went as a “lesson” ending. (Have you read your English literature lessons?  But I am obviously not talking about those! It is, that I got a life-long lesson from what I did) If you want to be your teacher’s favourite, your mom’s pet, if you broke your friendship and wanna be best friends again by being her/his favourite, then definitely, this blog is for you! So let us start from the beginning!!

When you try to be someone’s favourite, there are two possible outcomes; either he/she accepts you as his/her favourite, or not. But, no matter what, you are 100% determined to try! So before you attempt to try what are you going to try, ask yourself these:

1. Why do I want to be the favourite of____? (whomsoever)

2. What will I have to do?

3. Will my hard work pay off, or not?

See, this happened with me so I answered all these questions..

ANS 1: I wanted to be my teacher’s favourite, (you know the reason very well why a student wants to be a teacher’s favourite!!) Of course, so that I would receive some extra marks in her subject. (That never ever ever ever ever ever ever would happen with me...)

ANS 2: Her subject was dance, and I was (and am) pretty good at it, because I go to extra classes for kathak dance.  I just needed to perform a flawless dance with a bit of buttering during the interval to the teacher.

ANS 3: This was not confirmed yet. You never come to know someone’s likes or dislikes when you’ve just entered 4th grade and just started a new subject and a new teacher and a new way of learning, and most importantly, YOU  HAVE  THE  FIRST  DAY  OF  YOUR  4TH  GRADE!!

You know, I’m always in a hurry. (to do annnnnnything, anything!!) So, as we were going to meet a new teacher who taught a subject I was already good at, I got the perfect opportunity to get her to like me. What was even great was it was the first day, and if I performed well enough, the “#first day” would have some impact on my impression. (What I forgot was, if I did something embarrassing, this “#first day” would be double impactful!!)

Now, it was time for our dance class. I was super excited (as you all know!) and when we sat in the dance room, I was the first one to wear our ghunghroos and then I asked permission from ma’am if I could perform first. As a bright student, I expected a “yes”, as my ears hear it from most of the teachers everyday. But, I guess mam wasn’t so sure for letting me perform first. She showed me a hand (the way they do at the traffic signal to stop one side!) And refused as if I was begging for money. She just signalled like that from her hand from which she was stopping me from coming near her, and didn’t even speak a word. (We go near our dance teachers to touch their feet and take blessings before dancing, and I learnt this in kathak classes.) I hadn’t ever experienced this (believe me, I got a severe shock!!) and was determined to stay positive to this behaviour. I went back and sat where I was meant to. After that she called out “Who is the birthday girl here? I guess it’s you in the pink dress, come here and perform a small dance on which ever song you like, sing it along”. I saw swati nervous (she was the b’day girl) but she stepped forward and started to dance. Ma’am was smiling. This was so awkward! I mean, I could feel it, I saw very few of the girls (we’re just 20 girls in a section ) were watching it, some were sitting quietly, physically here, mentally in their lala land; some were rolling the thread of the ghunghroos  around their finger; some were making braids from their own hair, which was already braided, but they were practicing on the left over bottom part, and so on doing these things for passing their time. Finally, the dance ended, and all started to clap, when I interrupted again!! Now this time you would be 100% sure that I would get scolded, but luckily, no.. Mam said I could perform! Now, I am the topper of my class (sorry to be mithhoo mia) and everyone wanted to see me dance, so I gathered the attention of all girls. I was super excited and started to dance and sing the song. I am not very good at singing, but I knew the songs of kathak very well. But, to be clear, that did not cover my sore voice. I had this minus point already, when I suddenly forgot my steps!! I stopped rather than doing new steps which I could remember..Bummer..I got so embarrassed on the very first day of the very first meet with a very new teacher to me. I quietly sat on my place and she did not praise me sarcastically neither did she scold me. I was expecting both of these expressions from the first impression which I got from her. Then she started to teach us the initial steps of dance as a beginner’s guide. I saw she was behaving partial with the kids of teachers and partiality was something I hated the most. She scolded us for making mistakes (well, I wasn’t one of them, ‘cause I already practiced that a million times in my extra classes.) and told politely to the kids whose parents were teachers in our school. Even if I wasn’t one, I felt bad for my besties. At last, the class ended and I was desperate that I make my name written in the good books of our dance teacher.  I practiced my steps hard the whole week, sacrificing my playing time and then finally it was time for my hard work to pay off. I was sure that this time I will do perfect. When we entered the class I asked again if I could perform. Then the reply, which I never expected, was “You were the girl who wasted my time in the last class, sit down at your place quietly and watch and learn the steps which I teach”. I was left astounded with this and went back to my place. Many thoughts like “What is this behaviour, at least I should have gotten a second chance!! I guess I wasted my whole week!” were in my head. And just like the other girls in the previous class, I was physically here and mentally in a sweet shop. Why? Because I love sweets and I am a huge foodie!! So, it makes me feel better. Then, when the class ended and it was lunch break, I sat in my circle to eat my lunch, and was thinking about today’s incident. And, I found out my conclusion.

Do you know what it is? Don’t try to be someone’s favourite, just be yourself and do whatever you like, no matter what the person thinks. It doesn’t mean to be a badass, or stop working hard to achieve a goal or something like that. It just means that you do not need to change yourself to make someone like you, be the real you and live your life. You should feel, “If the person is okay with who I am, it’s okay, and if not, what do I have to do with it, its his/her choice he/she doesn't like me, and this is mine that I won't change myself according to him!! I have people who are by my side and then why am I begging for a single person to be with me!! I am comfortable with it!!” Hah!! Now that’s the spirit!! Also, you need not to show hatred for that particular person, remember! But I guess in that friendship case which I mentioned in the beginning, you need to judge according to the situation, because if you see that your friend is really dear to you and always thinks for the best for you, then you need to be kind and be friends again. And if, you feel that really, that friend was not good for me, you may handle the situation as per yourself. You have your own brain and exceptions exist!!

So the moral of my story is, “Be yourself, don’t urge to be someone’s favourite for whom you need destroy your original nature!”😎

Thankyou!!

Author: Pihu

OC of Pihukuhu Pitara



Please note: words written in italic are from hindi language.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO BE MODEST?? And about "MODESTY" || PIHUKUHU PITARA

Well, isn’t it said, “A great man is always willing to be little..”  Little in a sense? modest.. The opposite of this word is boastfulness. Hah! You know, there are different types of boasters, one those who have a lot lot lot more than the general public and always show off. The other, who may have less than you but then too exaggerate things to such an extent that they make you visualise what they have in a dramatic manner (sometimes, they pretend as if they are living a castle life!). I, personally have seen these two kinds in my society. You can detect the former from his behaviour that he is a haughty and arrogant kinda person. On the other hand, the latter thinks that I keep boasting my fake identity and the person standing next to me is stupid and can’t identify me from how I talk, walk, wear or stand. I am the only intelligent person on this planet Earth!.... No wonder, these people make themselves a comic eyesore ‘cause usually people like me ask cross-questions to them mak

AN IDEAL EDUCATION TO US; MY DREAM TO SEE..|| PIHUKUHU PITARA

Though I am just 12, I feel education system is not really “Ideal” for future generation; us. I mean the way teachers behave, teach, preach students is what they catch up in no time and believe this is what right and ‘ideal’ for me to do. And you know, this begins from a really very young age. (Hey, are you taking my words as a very “serious, studious, spectacle-wearing book worm who ponders over books whole day and talks like a philosopher? Then you judge me wrong! Read ahead!! You will come to understand how really I am! *By the way, I wear spectacles!!). (Back to my point!!) Taking an example, in junior KGs many teachers scold tiny totts for being wrong, I don’t mean scolding is wrong for correcting, but a child in KGs!! What does he know about this world, its wrong and rights, its been only five years since he has seen things, discovered ‘em! He is just learning alphabets!! Though exceptions remain, not all teachers are like that, but yes, a number of them exist. Okay, from thi